Batteries without sealing plugs cannot be filled up. They are already ready for operation. The following points must be observed when filling up a pre-charged battery with sealing plugs:
- Follow safety notes: Wear protective goggles, gloves and clothing. Ensure area is well ventilated!
- The battery and acid should be at a minimum temperature of 15°C.
- Remove plugs.
- The battery is filled with diluted sulfuric acid with a specific density of 1.28 kg/l.
- Fill each cell with electrolyte up to the maximum mark. Overfilling can lead to acid getting into the gas vent and spraying out when charging. Overfilling reduces the battery's performance and service life.
- Screw in plugs firmly by hand with a suitable tool.
- Leave the battery to be activated by the acid (approx. 20 minutes).
- Make sure batteries for power transmission and lighting have been charged up before use (loosen plugs for this).
- Observe notes in operating instructions.
Return to Battery service